Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Hailey is 5!
My beautiful daughter turned five years old today! It amazes that she's been a part of our lives for five years. She is such an incredible daughter. I couldn't ask for anyone better. It makes me cry to think of the early journey she had to go through to stay with us and I'm so grateful that she is so healthy and strong. Five years ago today I was having pre-term labor (at 28 weeks) and was told that I needed to have an emergency c-section so that we both might have a chance at surviving the placental abruption. She came into this world blue, weighing only 2 lbs. 9 oz. With the help of modern medicine and a lot of prayers, she toughed it out 100 days in the NICU and came home to Doug and I in July of 2004. The day we brought her home was one of the best days of my life. She is such a fighter. She also has such a kind and loving heart. Thanks for being such a great girl Hailey. We love you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Hailey!! We love you too!!! Bailee still calls you her best friend!!!
Happy Birthday Hailey girl! That picture is so stinking cute!!
Hailey is an amazing girl! We love you and Happy Birthday!
I remember all of that so well. She takes after her mom, you guys are both fighters. Happy Birthday Hailey. I hope everything is going well Shay! We will be out there in August, we will have to get together.
Happy birthday Hailey! We're so sad we missed you yesterday. I can't believe it's been 5 years since seeing you so tiny in the hospital. We love you!
wow shay, can't believe you have a kid that age!!! She is so pretty I love that picture!!!!
Happy Birthday Hailey!!!
happy birthday Hailey! I love how healthy she is shayla! It is a rare thing that premies do so well! We miss you guys! We maybe are coming out in August? you guys can always come here and make the sea world and disneyland rounds?
Shayla I just saw you had a blog on facebook! Danny and Sarah have one and so do i. It will be fun to keep in touch. hailey is sooo stinkin cute i love her to death! I heard they had a really good time at the pirate party haha ps you looked gorgeous at your dads wedding!
Post a Comment