Monday, November 5, 2007

Girls' Day

I have some wonderful friends from college. We have girls' nights every few months or so. We decided to make it an entire day last Saturday. We told our husbands thank you for watching the kids and that we had no idea when we would be home. It was great! We started off with breakfast at Mimi's. Then we headed over to the mall for a couple of hours and then it was off to Gardner Village. After that, we saw Dan in Real Life and then had dinner at Red Robin. I seriously LOVE these girls and I am so thankful to have such incredible friends in my life. You guys are the best!

Katie, Beka, Kirsten, Me and Nikki

The Motif store at Gardner Village

Breakfast at Mimi's

9 comments:

Beth schell said...

Oh man.... i missed it! I'm glad y'all had fun!

Steve and Amanda said...

umm... it sounds too good to be true! For an entire day!!! Your kids look so cute in their costumes.

Anonymous said...

Shayla, I was so happy to see your comment and to see that you blog too! Isn't this a great way to keep in touch with people. Ok your kids look just like you! They are so cute. We are living in spanish fork, just bought a house. chris is hating the drive to SLC everyday, but we like it down here.

Jacqui said...

I can't believe you got a whole day. Bliss!

I remember Beka, but she was the only one I recognized from LSquare. IS that where you lived with them?

Alisha said...

Shayla! How did I not know you had a blog?! And I have to be honest... I was a little confused when I saw pictures of this little boy walking around and hearing about his trick or treating! Wasn't he just born? Man, how the time flies... Your family is gorgeous and I miss you guys too. I actually was reading an old high school journal not to long ago and I read several things about you, Doug and me. So funny! I am coming to Utah next month (14th - 20th) and think it would be a blast to get together! Let me know!

whitney holland. said...

Okay Shayla I am so jealous of your "ALL DAY" GNO's! Looks like you girls had a great time, and so nice of the hubby's to watch the kids for the day...and night!

Contact said...

I'm jealous I didnt go to college with you!!!

Doug and Shayla said...

I lived in Liberty Square with all of them. (Well, Nikki was a pseudo roommate....but, you know how that goes.) Good ol' Lexington 12. :)

La Belle Belge said...

Seems like something every mommy needs every once in a while... I'm glad you had such a deserved break. Gives me an idea...:)