Monday, December 17, 2007

Trip to see Santa

I took the kids to see Santa and Mrs. Clause at Lakeview Hospital. I loved her response to seeing him. She started jumping up and down and with as much excitement as she could muster, she said, " Mom, look, it's the REAL Santa!" These moments remind me why I love being a mom so much. I totally expected Hailey to be shy, but she sat on his lap for a few minutes and told him what she wanted for Christmas. Her list is as follows: A pink t.v. for her room, a pink bicycle, a pink scooter, and a pink suitcase. She was very distraught when it occurred to her about five minutes after she saw Santa that she forgot to tell him about the suitcase. I told her we could write him a letter. Colby wasn't really phased by Santa, he was too busy eating a cookie. :)


1 comment:

Brandon and Amber said...

That's good she talked to him! Samantha was just giggling the whole time and Amy, of course, screamed. I should have tried the whole cookie trick that you did. We all know that food makes everything better! :)