
Hailey started sunbeams this year. A few weeks ago when I went to drop her off, she told me that she didn't know all the words to the songs they sing in sharing time. She has several of the primary songs memorized. I decided to get the primary songbook with words and music on cd so she could learn some of the other songs while we drive. She loves listening to "I am a Child of God" over and over again. Colby has started humming (his own version of humming, more like "ah ah ah some mm mm's and so ohs to the tune of the song) "I am a Child of God" as soon as we get in the truck. I think it's so cute. Today, "Reverently, Quietly" was playing for the first time. After hearing the song just one time, Colby started humming it perfectly. He kept at it during all of our errands. It was so cute. I am excited that both of my kids seem to be inclined musically. I am so glad they didn't inherit my complete lack of musical ability. :)
4 comments:
That's just too cute! Once Bailee got home from going to Preschool with you today, she said, "Mom...we listened to Child of God in the car"
Thanks for all your help over the past few weeks.
I love that! They must have inherited their sweet voices from Doug then, I guess. Maybe you can get them to do a duet in church.
I had to laugh when I read this, because just today in costco, McKartnee was singing I am a child of God at the top of her lungs. We got several laughs and comments.
I hope that my kids are lucky enough to inherit Jimmy's mom's voice.
I second Katie'd Duet motion, that would be the cutest ever.
That is cute. Andy loves 'I am a child of God' too. Someone sang it as a special musical number a few weeks ago in Sacrament meeting and Andy chimed in as loud as he could too. It was great...
Post a Comment