Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Colby's 2nd Birthday

Colby turned 2 a couple of weeks ago. He is a really fun little boy. He is such a great part of our family. I love the stage he's in. He just started to really talk in the last month or so. Before that he knew about 20 words (and had some of his own language too) and could communicate well enough, but in the last month he has started talking like crazy, full sentences. It's great. I love the way he enunciates and pronounces some words. "Socka Ball" "fire werks" "dighpur" I love it when he comes up to me and says, "Mom, I wanna snuggle." I love his blond hair, I don't know how it is so blond, but I love it and his big blue eyes. I love the little twinkle they get when he's excited or has done something for the first time or when he knows he's in trouble. :) Thank you Colby for being such a wonderful little boy. (I will add pictures from his party soon)

12 comments:

Jamilyn said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
You are sooooo LYING!

There is NO WAY that he is two already!!

I am so super sad right now!!!

Really sad. I miss you, I miss Hailey, and I miss Colby....and I miss us all living right by eachother so that I could see all 3 of your each and everyday!! (like last summer)...oh-heck! I just miss living somewhere....ANYWHERE other than a hotel room!

Let's catch up soon...Puh-LEEZE?

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday Colby! Stay the awesome little boy that you are so that someday you can be the man that marries my daughter!

Johnsons said...

Happy Birthday Colby. He sure is a cutie. I love that stage when they can finally start communicating what it is that they want. It is so cute the way that they say words when they first start saying them. I am always sad when they start saying them the right way.

Ben said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COLBY!
He's so stinkin' cute.
I can't believe your little guy is already two years old!!! Give him a big hug from us!

Brandon and Amber said...

Such a cute picture! I can't wait to see pictures from the party!

Carrie and Shane said...

Shayla,
Your children are sooo adoreable and you are beautiful as ever. I had to check out your blog after I saw it on The VHS website. I'm glad I found you so I can peak in and see what you and your cute family are up to.

nelsons said...

the kids are super cute, looks like summer is keeping you super busy! fun picts..

The Babinskys said...

Wow I cannot believe I haven't seen him since he was like two months old. How sad. He is a very handsome young man! :) I really hope I can see you soon. Love ya lots. Call me, like I said I don't have your number anymore. Raiyah and I would love to play.

Contact said...

sounds like you have been busy. lets get together soon...lots of catch up to do again!

laura j. said...

What a cute little boy! The blond hair is crazy. I love when they start talking too. I especially love that I am one of the only one that understands what he says at first so I have to translate for most. Isn't it fun being a mom?

Brad and Britt said...

Thanks so much for having us up to swim this weekend! It was fun to see you guys and to visit! I think that you are probably one of the cutest mommies I know, with a cutie-pie baby too! You are soo cute and nice. Thanks for being welcoming to Brad and I! Hope to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shay! We just wanted to wish Colby a happy birthday! We miss you guys and hope things are going great! Evelyn loves to come sit on my lap to look at the blogs of all her friends and I she smiles so big when she sees your kiddos! Take care!