Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fourth of July

The night before the 4th, the kids participated in a kid's parade in Centerville. They LOVED it. Doug got Hailey ready and being the observant Mom that I am, I didn't notice until we got to the race that Hailey was riding a bike in a dress!! Colby was SO fast, it was scary. He doesn't use the pedals, just Flintstone style, but he goes at a mock speed. He was weaving in and out of fellow parade bikers and he even gave a few flat tires to mom's pushing strollers, sorry! We had to run to keep up with him. For the Fourth, we started off by taking Hailey to run the 1/4 mile kid's race. (She has been telling us for weeks that she wanted to run in the race....when the race started, she changed her mind, I think her expression tells it all. We'll try again next year.)
Next we went to the Kaysville parade with Whitney, Kimby, Ben and Samantha. Doug was in the parade for Search and Rescue. July 4th is actually my dad's birthday and so that night we went to a big bbq in his honor and did fireworks. (sorry, I forgot to take any pictures) Colby is obsessed with fire "werks", he asks daily if we can go watch fire werks.

3 comments:

Ben said...

How fun! We loved seeing you guys this weekend, thanks again for coming!
These pictures are so cute. You and Whitney look like twins in that last one!!!

Ben said...

Okay, so I am leaving another comment because I am a big nerd and forgot to ask earlier...HOW did you do that thing on your blog list where it says how often the blogs have been updated?? That is SO awesome.

Whitney said...

My hair is ever changing.