Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Memories

Here are the rules:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

12 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Oh, Shay...it's getting hot in here, so you know. =) My nose, my nose! Dave always remembers that you're never hungry, but somehow your fingers always make it over to his plate. Being high maintenance (maybe), countless long kid-interrupted phone conversations. Staying up all night figuring out we weren't that much different from each other. Calling or sending me a note every year since my mom died. You're a keeper, my friend. Love you.

Emily said...

At the cabin, the original, you, me, Wayne, and Doug all around the campfire and you're telling us about some kid giving his oral report on Dez Moineez, Iowa. And all the time your doing his nervous dance and I'm laughing and laughing. And to this day like to call it Dez Moineez and do a little dance inside in your honor.

Janece said...

One of my favorite memories of you and me together is doing that witch pumpkin at your house. You are so creative! It was funny that we couldn’t figure out the hat and had to ask Doug for help :o) Then putting it in the road to spray it with glitter – hoping no cars came, and getting pretty silly since it was late and we were tired. We really need to get together Shay – I miss you too!

Heidi said...

Oh man there are so many. How can I narrow it down? Remember when we put on a dance for our family in your back yard? Oh and the Badger that was loose in the neighborhood that whitney was "Hideous of it" Ha Ha we had some great times! Oh yeah and our shwing gang, and when we decided to build a club house in the back yard, then we found the tools all rusted after a few years!

lins.e said...

one that always makes me laugh, is at the end of high school... (the hate crime) you know what i'm talking about? And how we found every possible condement in your house to use.. those were the days!!!

The Rasmussen Family said...

Of course working with you at Lakeview, and staying at your house while I went to Miss Utah. That was so fun! I miss hanging out with you! How are you doing?

Brandon and Amber said...

Hiking in Spanish Fork Canyon seeing snakes and trying to take pictures of ourselves. And you spending the night in Katie's bed in the summer when she was gone and telling the Lib Square people you were going through menopause so we could keep our airconditioner. It was so dang hot! Going to Harrios in Park City with you squinting your eyes, trying to be Beka. Going to Duchene and finding a beaver in the fridge. And who could forget Shayla doing interpretive dance as a tree? Okay, those were a lot of memories, but once I started thinking about them, I couldn't stop! You're the best Shay!

Kent & Beka said...

OK, one of my favorite memories of you I wasn't even around for, but I like it anyway...
You tripping up the stairs at BYU. But if you hadn't tripped, then we wouldn't know you as we do...
Nights playing games with a couple "high maintenence" individuals- it must have been you and Nancy Kerrigan.
I do remember the first time I met you because it was also the first time everyone met Kent- that Breakfast for dinner night at the boys' house with the hashbrowns cooked in bacon grease. WOnder if Jimmy has ever made those for Ging...
Playing flourball in the park late at night, and the fanball at the apartment
Explaining to your little boyfriend about holes and how many there are
Watching you rip clothing from your body as you enter the apartment because it is just too hot!
I think of you every time there is bbq sauce around
I have a million more and may need to add more later!

Kimby said...

Shay, Shay, Shay, you should be a little scared to do a post like this. What could come up? JK I'll be nice.

The Big Red- (girls camp) hahaha.

Getting 'waffle' battle wounds from sport-court ball.

Wayne and Ryan making us run laps for indoor training..ug

Me tripping on the sprinkler head and you carrying me off the field after practice. :(

Undoing starburst wrappers in our mouth.

'The Beetles' and 'The Supremes' performances at FJH!! We rock!

Me crashing into your car in the parking lot....I blame Kurt!

Nose job.

My pet snake fredrick.

Someone else kinda already mentioned it, but gotta love our modern dance moves.

Love your guts!
Kimberton

Johnsons said...

Ok, so I was going to say interpretive dance moves too, but also you eating plain kethcup, many movie nights, and pinball games. The hiking trips. The chain of friendship that you, heather and I had hiking the narrows. (I think we were all so tired that we had to hold onto each other to keep moving). Giving a book of mormon to Anouk at the narrows, and having her stay the night at our camp. (Don't ask me how I remember her name)
You are the greatest Shay. I love ya.

Kris said...

working with you at lakeview, visiting you when you were vomiting horribly in the ER after tonsil surgery and holding the basin for you,
you holding my hand while I got my sliver removed and getting the tetnas (sp?) shot, holding your "glowing" jaundiced baby boy after you had him, sitting upstairs on the 5th floor sweating to death while we filed charts and whatever else the heck we were doing up there....
the birth certificate meeting for getting an award! Way to go!
Your funny klutzy tripping over your own two feet, falling out of your chair at work......just to name a few, love ya!

Janece said...

Oh Shay, I have to post again! I forgot about you falling off your chair at work (more than once - thanks tintin). But I have to add that one time I was on the phone with a doctor's office in Ogden and they asked why we were all laughing. I told them that you had just fallin' off your chair and they said to tell you that you had them laughing all the way to Ogden!