Sunday, July 13, 2008

RAGNAR RELAY

I am so behind in posting. I am going to try and get caught up in the next week or so. About a month or so ago Doug and some family and friends participated in the Wasatch Back (Ragnar Relay). I was supposed to run too, but my knees haven't been cooperating lately and I got the no go from my physical therapist about 2 1/2 weeks before the race. Thanks Buffy, for stepping up and running my legs with such short notice! :) I was really bummed to not be able to run. But, I went along for the trip as the driver. It was a blast! Not much sleep, and the little sleep that was had was on a wrestling mat of a high school gym floor. Our team did awesome! We took third place in our division, yeah Bronze Gods!! Way to go Ship's Wrecks!

Some of the team

Our honorary team member Cameron, we ran the race in his honor

Doug on his last leg

Doug getting soaked by a sponge

Running to the finish line

2 comments:

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

So awesome! Congrats guys!

Brandon and Amber said...

That's so cool! It's always inspiring seeing someone run for a good cause!