Friday, February 22, 2008
I'm so ready for spring....I am sick of my kids getting sick!
So, my kids started getting the croup like cough about two weeks ago. They had it for about two days before it knocked them down flat. I took Colby to his 18 month well check a couple of days later. He wasn't really "well" but I thought we may as well kill two birds with one stone. At that doctor appointment we found out that Colby had an ear infection and was wheezing. (every cold goes straight to his chest, he struggles with asthma a little) So, he had a breathing treatment and we ended up getting him his own inhaler and chamber, along with some antibiotics for the ear infection. The kids got over their coughs a few days later. Colb kept tugging on his ear though and was running a low grade fever. About a week after his doctor appointment, he started to act so weird. Wouldn't touch his food. (Anyone who knows Colby, knows this is HIGHLY out of character for him, he's an eating machine!) Whining and wimpering in his sleep. He woke in the middle of the night with a really high fever. And was inconsolable for hours. It seemed like he was in a lot of pain. (He was up from 2:30-7 a.m.) I took him in to the Dr. yesterday and they told me he has bad ear infections in both ears (stronger antibiotic this time) and probably a virus on top of that. They said to call if he gets worse. Well, last night he started getting little red bumps all over his body and he was just feeling miserable. The rash spread like crazy through the night and his entire body is covered. Poor kid. I'm about to go to the doctor in an hour to find out what it is. Wish me luck. I'll post my findings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment