Friday, February 22, 2008

It's CHICKEN POX!

I just got back from the doctor's office. They have determined that Colby's rash is chicken pox. He got the chicken pox vaccination just 10 days ago. They figure he was either exposed to chicken pox before he received the vaccination or in some cases, 1 in 1000 to be precise, the vaccinated child gets full fledge chicken pox. Since he's my son and given my history with percentages....I'm betting its the latter. Wish us luck. Here's a few pictures of him. It's getting worse by the hour and he's itching like crazy! Enjoy the progression from last night.

Last night:
This morning:
This Afternoon:

7 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

Oh Shay, I'm so sorry! That looks miserable for everyone involved. It's nice to see that Colby inherited your "good" genes! I hope you all
get better soon!

Johnsons said...

Poor little guy!! That looks awful. I hope he feels better soon, and that nobody else gets it. I am ready for warm weather too. McKartnee has been my little sickie this year, and every little virus for her turns to an ear infection too. Good luck

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Oh my gosh! I feel so bad for him. He is such a trooper. Give him a kiss from me if it doesn't itch him to much.

Kimby said...

Goodness child, talk about bad luck! He looks terrible. So sorry, we will miss you tomorrow. Take care of your little guy.

Darbee said...

Oh boy! I am so sorry...for ALL of you! Hope he gets feeling better, FAST!

The Rasmussen Family said...

I am with you 100% I am so sick of this weather and everyone being sick! Poor Colby, I hope he gets feeling better VERY soon! I hope you are holding up too, I don't know whats worse sometimes, a sick baby or a tired, stressed mommy! Its just as hard on us sometimes!! Hang in there, you're in our prayers!

Kris said...

sorry shayla, I had to laugh, yep he inherited your percentage for health issues! Welcome to parenthood! :)